(Also a late post, but I wanted to not post twice in a day. :D )
December 12th was our ward Christmas program. Our ward choir has been working on music for the program since the end of October. I think the ward was able to hear how much time and love we put into each of the pieces. We sang:
a Sally DeFord arrangement of O Holy Night
a duet of Away In a Manger (I was the alto)
a combination of While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks (sung by the men) and Angels We Have Heard On High (sung by the women)
What Child Is This
I Believe In Christ (congregation joining for the fourth verse)
an arrangement of O Come, All Ye Faithful
Later that night, Clark and I were able to attend the Messiah Sing-In hosted by our old BYU 14th Stake. It was really fun to see so many old friends and to hear such young talent (normally those solos are sung by veterans of the opera or MoTab, it feels like). I think my favorite part, though, was hearing a good ensemble accompany the choir. :)
Remember to vote on the baby's gender!
2 comments:
I simply, absolutely love going to these fun Christmas concerts. That program sounded wonderful (a LOT of my favorites!) and I would love to have heard the whole thing! It's good to hear you having such a wonderful time even pregnant!! Love you guys TONS!!
My ward choir did our Christmas program last Sunday. It was a train wreck. It made me miss the good old days with Clinton and Erin.
Post a Comment