I feel like every other post on my blog lately is a zoo post, so if you want to skip to about halfway down for the rest of the update, be my guest. But the Idaho Falls Zoo was really nice because it had a variety of animals we don't usually get to see. Among them, penguins, flamingoes, lions, and (FINALLY) zebras. The girls were so happy to see zebras, we stood in front of their enclosure for at least five minutes, just talking to them, counting them, waving to them, and saying good-bye to them. Seriously.
(For this picture, she insisted she sit on the "kangaroo" and then said "cheeeeese!" about twenty times while I got my camera out of my purse. Seriously. I think I've created a monster. :D )
Parking at the zoo was just INSANE. Seriously. Turns out the zoo is next to some sort of carnival area, which is also next to an ice rink, a park, and baseball fields, all of which seemed full to capacity. So, as we were leaving the zoo, I heard music coming from the rink and asked Clark if it would be okay to check out what on earth was going on. Well, folks, it was a Cinco de Mayo Celebracion for the Idaho Falls area. WHAT. I was so happy! I made Clark and the girls walk around with me to look at wares (Clark was super tempted by a giant BYU belt buckle and I got a gift for one of my nieces), listen to awesome music, and watch some crazy dancing.
Then, out the back exit, we found out there were a ton of food trucks. Everything looked and smelled great, but we're trying to save money right now, so we only split a pupusa. But, MAN, I miss those things. So delicious.
Anyway, there were a few giveaways there, too, and we won two kid ice cream cones, so we went to Chick-Fil-A next to redeem those (it was HOT!) and the girls loved having a cold snack to NOT share. Little stinks. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment