Friday, December 12, 2014
Ward Christmas Party
Our ward party was so awesome! It was set up as a pajama party so everyone was in casual attire and the food was breakfast stuff--hash-browns, pancakes, and sausage. Clark and I were part of a musical number at the end of the night.
So, funny story: our car didn't start.
So use your back-up, you're thinking.
Nope, Beepy died about a month ago.
So the girls are in their pajamas, I'm super pregnant, and Clark is trying to figure out how we're supposed to get to the church building. Somehow, miraculously, after about 15 minutes of fiddling, the engine starts. Clark drives us over to the church and helps me bring the girls in, then announces that he's going to run to the store to buy another battery so we can make it home later. Unfortunately, the car doesn't start and we have to ask someone from the ward to help jump the car. Then Clark leaves.
Even with the meal starting late and four musical numbers planned, Clark only made it back to the church with a couple of minutes to spare. We sang "What Child is This?" with the Samuelsons. I love that song and I love the arrangement we used.
Immediately after the Primary children sang a short program, it was announced that Santa was in the back and that everyone was welcome to see him. I was kind of a meanie and grabbed all our stuff and kids and booked it to the Primary room to get pictures because I knew that Clark had had a long, terrible day what with all the car problems and I didn't want him to add standing-in-the-church-hallway-for-45-minutes to the list.
Unfortunately (again), Azucena's anxiety about Santa manifested itself so she stayed as far away from him as possible. Thankfully, Adelaide was much more willing to sit on Santa's lap this time! The sweet Santa tried to coerce Azucena over with a bag of goodies, but it was a no go.
Oh, well!
Labels:
Adelaide,
Azucena,
Christmas,
family,
holidays,
pictures,
traditions,
ward activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment