Turns out both Disneyland and California Adventure each have a carousel--which quickly became the girls' favorite attraction. Seriously. They constantly asked to go on the horsies. :) And just outside of the carousel was the sword in the stone, so I had the girls try their hands at pulling it out. They were so cute! "Mommy, it's stuck!" "Mommy, you can pull it!"
The girls have loved trains for a long time, so we decided to risk the fifteen minute wait for the Casey Jr. Train ride. Didn't take any pictures on the ride itself (I wanted to enjoy this trip, too!) but the girls had fun riding around, hearing the train whistle, and seeing the little boats from the Canal ride.
A couple of months ago, Disneyland sent us a promotional DVD that we showed to the girls and they fell in love with the teacups and the Dumbo ride. Unfortunately, Dumbo frequently had an hour's wait but the teacups were about fifteen minutes so we headed over and I braved the spinniness of it all to ride with the rest of the family. The girls LOVED IT.
After going on the canal boats (which I also didn't take pictures on, but the girls liked seeing the princess houses), we decided to ride on the real train. Oh, man! I had no idea that would be a "ride" in and of itself! I thought it was just a way to get around the perimeter of the park!
We went back to CA Adventure so the girls could ride on the Little Mermaid ride and the King Triton carousel and then called the evening a little early so we could get some (late) dinner and have a half hour in the pool area. Turns out we could see the fireworks show from our hotel, too! What a great first day!
No comments:
Post a Comment