Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some of the Story

Some of you have been asking for the story. Here's the short version:

Clark and I met through FHE in the Alta 56th Ward in the summer of 2008. He was my "dad" and in a relationship with someone else. Both of our apartments got along incredibly well so we started hanging out together nearly every day of the week. We started dating January 4, 2009. We hung out with each other's families and had a lot of fun and really enjoyed getting to know each other. Clark and I got engaged just after midnight on June 8th (technically 9th) after having a few chats about us and our relationship and where we wanted to be with life.

The really short story: I finally said yes!

Anyway, the plans that we have settled so far are that our sealing ceremony will be August 20th, 2:20 pm in the Salt Lake City temple. I am so happy to be marrying him and I can't believe how wonderful he is and his family and I have loved hearing from all my friends through phone calls, texts, e-mails and messages on Facebook. Y'all are the best and I hope that once we have our reception plans settled, that you can make it out to Utah to celebrate with us!

3 comments:

Merry said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. When I saw you in the store in South Jordan that one time, I just kept thinking about you guys and hoping that you would get married.

So, Dave and I started dating 1 DAY before you did, got engaged 1 YEAR before you did, and got married 1 YEAR before you will. I just realized how quickly we went!!! :D Funny.

Rachel said...

I know I told you on facebook but I'm going to tell you again Congratulations! :) I'm so excited for you!

The Jessee Journal said...

I would just like you to know that that totally does not count as your "story" Dates? that's all you give me?! Where are the details girl! C'mon.