The next few posts will be about pre-wedding/wedding/Honeymoon/moving in. Sorry to bore your socks off. Well, maybe not about the honeymoon information, hee hee. I know all of you are really excited to hear about "Harry Potter Land."
Okay, so, pre-wedding plans:
Clark and I got kicked out of our apartment complex Saturday, August 14th. For a number of reasons, this was the worst day ever. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been as bad if a) I'd had more than 2 hours of sleep a night for the entire week prior to moving out and b) I had less than half the stuff that I do.
Regardless, we were out when we were supposed to be and moved up to his parents' house, temporarily. Well, he moved to his grandmother's couch and I moved into the only room not occupied by a living human being/all of my boxed stuff. But still, we had a home for the next week, which I was very grateful for. :D
Saturday night: came back to Alta for RockBand and to finish preparing the talk that I had been asked to give a little earlier in the week. Ended up chatting with the girls I was staying with until 4 a.m. which meant the talk didn't get finished until 7 a.m.
Sunday: went to church at our old ward, gave a talk, went to Sunday School where Clark taught, enjoyed Relief Society (for the most part; I started to doze due to lack of sleep), had an interview with the bishop to replace the temple recommend that had been lost during the move, went to the stake center for the stake presidency portion but had to get it rescheduled due to lots of random bad things happening on their end, finally ended up back in Riverton, starting working on wedding stuff.
Monday: going through some of the boxes that had been haphazardly packed, picking up some materials for the wedding.
Tuesday: my parents and two of my brothers got into town. We went out to dinner and also took care of some wedding stuff. Like buying me things that I needed for the temple the next day.
Wednesday: received my endowments. It was amazing. Seriously. So grateful I could do that with my family.
Thursday: Morning doctor appointment in downtown SLC, random downpour while on the highway drive back, trying to figure out whether or not we could still set up the backyard for the reception, wedding pictures for three hours at the Salt Lake temple (my favorite part was the little girl that thought I was a princess and wanted to talk to me while I was in my wedding gown). Making signs for the neighborhood, finishing my guest book, filling up the centerpieces (the picture frames), working out seating at the luncheon.
Next post will be about the wedding, and might include pictures. :D
1 comment:
Love it! I can't believe how crazy it was right before! Your reception was amazing though :)
Post a Comment