This started when she waited until the very last minute of her due date to actually start contractions (11:47 p.m. to be exact). They were about 7+ minutes apart and stayed that way until quarter to two in the morning when they started being 5 - 5 1/2 minutes apart. We finally woke Clark up at 5 in the morning and were at the hospital by 5:50 (we finished packing a couple of things, I snuck a piece of toast, we had a blessing). Got checked into a room by 6:30 a.m. and then the waiting game began.
Up to about 11 in the morning, they kept upping my dosage of petocin to try and hurry things along. However, at that point, the contractions were feeling pretty darn evil and they offered to get the anesthesiologist so I could have an epidural. I wasn't sure I wanted one so early since I was pretty much at a 3 still, but he had a c-section scheduled from 11:30 - 12:30 so if I didn't get one then, I'd have to wait until almost 1 in the afternoon. So, we got the epidural. :)
By 4 p.m. we STILL weren't progressing much, so they broke my water a few minutes later. THAT did the trick. An hour later I was at a 5 and an hour after that I was at an 8+. Around 8:30 p.m. I started to run a fever so they had me wait to push until they could get me attached to some antibiotics.
I finally started pushing at 9:10 and proceeded to try and get her out for the next hour and a half.
She came at 10:47 p.m. on June 8th (which is the one year anniversary of me and Clark getting engaged) and was 8 lbs, 4 oz, 21 inches long. She's adorable and here are two pictures for you to enjoy.
16 comments:
She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations! I have been so excited for you! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear the birth story! She's adorable :)
So so so so so gorgeous! Yay for an adorable new little girl! Congratulations wonderful Earley family! LOVE you guys.
Yay! Can't wait for more info! Congratulations!
She is perfect!! Soooo happy for you!! (((hugs)))
We are so happy for you! You will be the best parents. I can't wait to meet her in person:).
Yayyy! :D What a cutie!
Congratulations! She is adorable I'm so excited for you!
Too cute! I am excited to hear more.
You can definitely tell she has a mind of her own and doesn't hesitate to let it be known!! How precious and beautiful can one baby be??!!!!! And, now, for at least some down time getting to know her better and sharing lots and lots and lots and lots of love!!!! xoxoxoxo
I can't figure out why this thing keeps identifying me as "Linda" when it's really "Lynne/Nana!!!! xoxo
Awww, I like her :) She's a cutie! Congrats!
Meredith was just over for visiting teaching and I showed her your blog and your baby. She was super excited. I'm super excited, too. Congratulations!
SO CUTE!
congrats!! she is beautiful. love the dark hair. hope you're recovering and adjusting well.
Congratulations Natalia! She is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment