Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New callings bring new understanding

A month ago, all the student wards in Provo were reorganized. Because of this, Clark and I lost half or our old ward and were mashed together with another one. This meant that we were likely to get new callings.

And we did!

Clark was called to be the ward's building coordinator and I got called to be the sacrament chorister. LOVE IT. Now, with great callings come great responsibilities and for Clark that meant going to our building every night and locking up and also getting people to help him clean twice a week. This is what I have learned (or had reinforced) from cleaning our building:

*while it's nice that married guys want to have good hygiene, I don't think the men's restroom is the place to clip (and leave, scattered all over the floor) your toenails
*women snack. Or, at least, married/pregnant women snack. Those sanitary napkin dispensers always had wrappers for cookies, chips, granola bars, candy bars, etc. in them instead of, well, used sanitary napkins.
*women are (much) cleaner than men
*my husband is such a nerd, but has apparently learned a lot from all of his facility management classes (my favorite comment is still, "this bathroom isn't 88 compliant!")

4 comments:

Hilary and Eric said...

Maybe it's pregnant ladies who are trying to hide that they are pregnant. I mean, how many ladies have been outed by snacking during fast and testimony meeting? (Only little kids and prego ladies can get away with that.)

Brooke said...

Teehee, when I get pregnant I'm going to save all my wrappers for the sanitary napkin thingers. That's hilarious.

Californiutahan said...

You mean "ADA Compliant"?

Naazju said...

Dana: See how much I'm learning? It *sounded* like he said "88" but I just checked and it's ADA. :D
Hilary: I stopped caring when the entire ward found out anyway. :) Then I just tried to be quiet about my "evil snacking."