Saturday, September 8, 2012

15 Months Old

Azucena,

You've grown up so much since you turned a year old! I can't believe how very different you are in just three months. It seems that overnight you became a toddler or very young woman. It's kind of crazy!

You know how to identify:
  • head
  • toes
  • belly button
  • hands
  • nose
  • teeth
  • tongue
  • ear
You know what sounds each of these animals make:
  • dog
  • cat
  • cow (mmmmmm)
  • owl
  • monkey
  • alligator (you open and close your mouth)
  • fish (you make a fish face)
  • sheep
  • elephant
  • horse
  • cougar (that's right, this is one of your dad's proudest moments)
You can ask for certain songs:
  • Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (you point at your head)
  • Wheels on the Bus (you do a spazzy motion with your hands, which is how you roll the wheels)
You can follow simple commands, like when I ask you to bring a diaper so I can change you, or ask you to get a toy or article of clothing. You especially love when I say it's time for your bath. You start saying "bah! Bah!" and run to the tub and wait for me to get everything ready for you.

You started to say "ahm!" at the end of prayers.

For about a month, your favorite word was "down!" and you'd use it to mean both down and up. We finally wised up and taught you the signs for both up and down and that helps us out a lot but now you've moved on to "neh!" or "no!" as your favorite syllable. :D

Last week you started to get your two front teeth. But like your other two teeth (remember how you only have two?!) they're taking their sweeeeeet time to get here. I noticed them August 31st and they still haven't broken through the gums. Close, but not quite. Yeesh! One day you'll be able to eat regular food that isn't steamed or mushed. :D

Doctor's Stats:
Height: 31 1/2 inches
Weight: 21 lbs, 11 oz

1 comment:

Merry said...

Cute! I love the alligator "sound."