Do NOT move into Sun River apartments in South Salt Lake City. The management stinks at following through with pretty much anything. The worst offense: There have been cockroaches in our apartment since before we moved in. We have had multiple treatments (only after we begged/annoyed the crap out of the office folk) and they have done nothing except exacerbate the issue.
This past week alone I cannot walk into a room without seeing at least one cockroach. Today, I saw at least three every time I changed rooms. I've been using Clorox, Lysol and Windex sprays (basically, whatever's closer) to try to kill them because I just can't handle it anymore. They're showing up quickly enough that if we leave dinner out while eating dinner, they crawl into the food.
Unfortunately, we signed a twelve month lease and would have to pay fees for us to leave this horrid, horrid place before the contract is up.
Being a grown up sucks. End of rant. :D
| This is how many cockroaches I caught in a fourteen hour period. Not pictured: 6 that were drowned and 10 that were so small I couldn't pick them up with a piece of paper to put in the container. |
6 comments:
Oh wow, that sounds beyond terrible. I'm sorry!
You should tell the management compant that you are doing this vocal complaining, and that you will continue to do so unless they get more dedicated to fixing the problem. You complaints might not motivate them, but the idea of possible future tenants hearing about this situation might.
You could also put up anonymous signs around the complex to warn people off!!
Also, be careful when you DO move, because you don't want to take the roaches with you!!! Ick ick ick!
The roach problem may be because of other neighboring apartments that are not being kept clean. . . the roaches may simply be moving into your apartment from other ones. I would say it is time to call the health department. Seriously. The management may not be doing much about the issue, but they have to if the health dept. gets involved because otherwise they could get shut down. I think it really has become a major health concern for your family (aside from being soooo disgusting), so you have every right to bring in the big guns. Another possible idea would be to deliver daily continers full of the roaches you've caught the previous day to the office. Maybe with a nice note about how they must have accidentally been left there?
If you do bring in the health dept. (and I would), you will probably need some kind of documentation of what has been tried as well as approximate dates. You could also continue daily bug-catching and taking pictures every day with a date stamp to show how big the problem is.
I know you do a good job to take care of your family and that you keep things clean. This is a problem way out of proportion and NOT your fault! Do get some help!
You might also want to talk to the neighbors and see if they are having problems, too.
Post a Comment