So this week we had some decently warm (and non-windy) weather! This meant that, for the first time, I was able to take the girls to the school playground that is literally in our backyard. (We also have an animal hospital in our backyard, but that story is for another day.) Azucena LOVED it. She constantly asks to go play on the slide. I love how adventurous she is! Also, the little sneak knows how to climb anything in front of her, be it a crib, bookshelf, or jungle gym. Yikes.
Wednesday was pretty icky, though. I woke up feeling absolutely TERRIBLE. I couldn't even sit up I was feeling so ridiculously dizzy and nauseous. I tried to encourage the girls to hang out on the bed and read stories (kind of--I'd just recite bits I knew rather than read pages and bring on more nausea) but that turned out to be a pretty terrible idea once they discovered the journals and alarm clock that sit on our headboard. After a couple of hours of toughing it out (and asking for advice on Facebook) I finally lay down to nurse Adelaide for her morning nap and fell asleep, too. 45 minutes later, I woke up and discovered that Azucena had done this to herself:
Thankfully, everything she used was washable (thank heavens we hid the Sharpies!) but MAN was she a mess! The instant her toes hit the bath water it turned a dark purple and the more of her that came in contact with the water, the worse it got. Thankfully I was feeling MUCH better and was able to scrub her down. However, it turns out she'd gotten into one more thing while I was sleeping, and Adelaide took advantage of my being distracted in the bathroom to satisfy her sweet tooth:
No comments:
Post a Comment