Today was ultrasound day! Clark nearly gave me a heart attack because he didn't get home until 25 minutes before the appointment (usually we leave the house half an hour early) because work has been crazy since last week. We got there just in time, though, and there was more craziness:
- the sonogram technician informed me that my bladder was completely empty (WHAT?! I drank FOUR smoothies an hour beforehand and I had to pee {but wasn't allowed to} when we got to the office!)
- because my bladder was empty, the baby wasn't "buoyed up" which made it . . . interesting/uncomfortable to have the ultrasound
- turns out I'm having Braxton Hicks. I can't feel them at all, but while the tech was looking inside me, I had a couple and she showed me the uterus seizing up and stuff. Cool, but creepy.
- the baby was also completely uncooperative--the technician would try to measure the leg and the baby would start to kick like mad, so she'd move on to trying to measure the umbilical cord and the baby would wrap its arms around it and block it off, etc., etc. Needless to say, this was my longest ultrasound appointment--over 45 minutes long.
Our little one's footprint. Adorable, right?!
| She was sucking on her thumb almost the entire time. :D |
| Except when she made the "neener-neener" face. Stink. |
3 comments:
Yay!! Congrats! You know the girls, I know the boys :) Glad, she's healthy!
3 girls! How fun! They are all going to be great friends.congrats. weird about all the issues. (When does a pregnant women have an empty bladder? :)
So is Aurora the baby's name?? (since you labeled this post Aurora) :)
Post a Comment