Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Doctor Update #12

Today was a very, VERY long wait (I left the office an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment) thanks to the holiday backup. However, this is what we learned:

*the baby's heartrate is normal
*I weigh more in the afternoons (yeah, I knew that)
*I am measuring 40 cm (she said the sudden jump could be due to the fact that this is my first afternoon visit and, therefore, I have a full tummy/possibly a full bladder)
*I am finally dilated. Not much (1 cm), but now I know for sure what all those weird pains from last week were!

We set up an appointment for next Tuesday (huzzah, my due date!) and she said that my mom (who should arrive on Friday) should be here in plenty of time to witness the birth. :D

Thanks to all you optimists who voted for before June, though!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I voted for after your due date ;) I can't wait to meet you baby!

evieperkins said...

The idea of mystery weird pains kind of game me the shivers. Maybe that's why I'm still single. :)

Andrea Teague said...

I voted for after your due date because I'm sadistic. Sorry. :) I really wish you the best, though. Come soon baby!

Linda said...

What I learned from all my pregnancies; IN DUE TIME!!!! You'll do just fine and then everyone will be super smiles!!!! xoxo