Sunday, January 8, 2012

7 Months

Happy seven months old, daughter! I can't believe how much you've grown and how old you already are!


You do so much now:
*You love sitting up and looking around.
*You love getting and grabbing things (especially the things that you shouldn't, like plastic bags and newspaper).
*You are endlessly entertained by balloons and when you catch one in your hands, you turn it around until you can find the tie, then daintily grab it with your pointer finger and thumb before shaking it violently. It kind of makes me happy. :)
*You've tried lots of new foods (mostly of the baby variety) and it seems like your favorite right now is apple blueberry.
*You bite everything. You've been "teething" since you were three months old and you still have nothing to show for it. But I'd rather have you bite my feet with gums than with teeth!
*You love reading. Anytime you can have a book in front of you, you grab it and try to turn the pages. You'll almost always sit and listen to what I'm reading to you. It makes me so excited to share chapter books in the future!
*You're really good and vocalizing consonants. Your best is dadada and you usually say it when you're happy. And I'm trying to help you realize that when daddy comes home, he's dadada. The one that makes me a little sad, though, is mamama. You almost exclusively say that when you're upset and want to be held. Not that I don't love hearing the beginnings of my name, but that it only seems to come when you're sad.
*You also traveled again--this time, to Colorado to visit the Judd side of the family. You loved spending time with your cousins, and they loved you.

I can't wait to see how much you grow this next month!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Actually, my mom was commenting just the other day on how she has realized that there's a reason every country/culture in the world has an "m" related name for mother and a "d," "b," or "p" related name for father: Because babies make "m" sounds when they're upset, and "d-b-p" sounds when they're happy!

"She's crying. She's *your* daughter."

Silly daddies. ;)