Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two Parties

Wednesday, October 24th, Clark and I got to go out on a date! I listen to a show called "Showtunes Tonight" (formerly Showtunes Saturday Night) on 106.5 FM here in Utah. I *love* this show. For five hours on Saturday, they play showtunes! This involves everything from Rogers & Hammerstein to Sondheim to Mel Brooks' "the Producers." Anyway, a few weeks ago the dj had some free tickets to "The Scarlet Pimpernel" up at Centerpointe Legacy Theatre. I entered the giveaway but didn't win that night. 

Happily, about a week later, I received an e-mail saying she had come across some extra tickets and would I like to have two of them? OF COURSE I WOULD! Clark and I chose a Wednesday night to use our tickets so that Azucena could hang out with her grandparents and so that we could have front row balcony tickets. :D

The show was amazing, the cast was SUPER talented, the costumes were out-of-this-world, and Clark and I are seriously discussing purchasing season tickets for next year because we had such a great experience. Here's a (terrible) shot of us in front of the show poster):




We also went to a family Halloween party, which was fantastic, since it meant Azucena could spend time with cousins close to her age.

 

 

Admit it--if she showed up at your door, you'd say "awwww!" and give her candy. :)

2 comments:

Merry said...

I admit it! She's so cute!

Hilary and Eric said...

Oh Showtunes Saturday Night...