Monday, June 29, 2009

Take one of these and call me in the morning

Disclaimer: I know there are several different strains for the common cold, which is why there is no "cure."

I hate getting sick. It seems like all I've been really good at for the last couple of months is to get sick as soon as I've recovered from something else. Granted, I have no idea what it is half the time (and, usually, whatever I have doesn't last longer than a couple of days) but this is getting ridiculous.

For example, the Saturday we were at Vegastastic 2009, my throat started to feel a little scratchy. Nothing to worrying, since I was in a new environment and I knew there are different plants down there than my body is accustomed to. Sunday wasn't too bad either. Just a little scratchy, drank a lot, didn't share water bottles that day, etc. Monday and Tuesday at work were kind of interesting because I had to talk on the phone all day. Once again, not too bad, I made sure I had water near me at all times, just in case, and I got a full eight hours of sleep. However, Tuesday night I started getting a crazy headache that wouldnt' go away. I had no idea what caused it and, when I woke up on Wednesday discovered I could hardly swallow and couldn't really move. I spent the day at home. Thursday and Friday were similar to Sunday and Monday, and Saturday I woke up feeling fairly normal. Little did I know that Saturday afternoon, I would start to experience the signs of an allergy attack which fully escalated just before midnight. Sunday was pretty miserable, since I hadn't really slept the previous two nights and couldn't breathe or pronounce my n's and m's (which made choir really, REALLY fun). Lucky for me, the church has a bathroom with lots of and lots of tissue paper. And here I am, on a Monday morning, trying not to let calls last longer than a few minutes, since that means I have to get up and get a drink of water since my throat is completely dry and sick-feeling. Bleh. I thought I was better!

3 comments:

Fredjikrang said...

:( You need to get healthy, young lady.

WV: Murse- A man nurse.

Fredjikrang said...

Also, your new blog background reminds me of something. Not quite sure what. . . ;D

Naazju said...

Um . . . ::whispers::

It's not new.

::confused::