Saturday, September 26, 2009

Celebrate-a-Daddy Day!

This is the story about a little boy who had a lot of older sisters (never mind that he had four older brothers, they just don't show up in this picture).


He grew up (a little) and met Chabuca and they were married (not what this picture is actually from, but Mom felt shafted that she didn't get one of these picture in front of the Salt Lake City temple doors).




He grew up (a little more) and had five
totally awesome kids. That's right folks. TOTALLY AWESOME. I know you're jealous. ;)


He knew how to have fun, though. I mean, who doesn't have an obsession or two? (Have you READ this blog? Ever?!)




Er, and by "or two" I guess I mean "an OBSESSION." Yeah. :D



Oh, and for some reason he really likes wearing that shirt when he hikes 14,000 ft peaks in southern Colorado. Go figure.



Anyway, today my dad turns 49!

It looks like he shares his birthday with a crocodile down at the alligator farm (it's turning 20) so they got free admission and that's where they're hanging out to celebrate. I really wish I could be with him to give him a hug on this big day, but I guess I'll have to settle for seeing him next week when my parents come up for General Conference. :D

And, as Janette (his younger sister) says, "ONE more year!" And, oh man, Nicoel and Janette and I will have a BLAST celebrating!

1 comment:

Janette Judd said...

Whew. I was waiting for the "younger" sister part!
Because, at the beginning, you said he had a lot of OLDER sisters.
ha ha