Dear Baby,
Next week I'll know if we get to drown in pink for the rest of our lives or if Clark will have his wish of having a little athlete to train for the next 18 years. I'm excited (well, not for the pink. Anyone thinking of buying pink should redirect their thoughts to red, purple, green and other fun, jewel-toned colors) for you either way.
You just have to let me know if you're agreeable by punching me every once in a while, okay? Because the doctor lady wants you to. If I have to see her disappointed face one more time, I don't know what I'll do. And if you're anything like me, you just want a good nap instead of wiggling around all the time like your dad, but still. Just this once (well, more than once so I can make sure I'm not crazy) in the next week, please give me a little shout out.
Love,
Mom
5 comments:
You can't give a baby jewel tones. They're supposed to like soft colors and fluffy things . . . except that babies can only see like a foot for the first little while, so I'm guessing they actually don't care. Never mind.
That comment looks awkward. I meant "babies can only see like twelve inches," not "babies' eyesight is roughly comparable to that of the human foot."
I knew what you meant, but looking back, I love the assumed meaning. :D
And I'm assuming my baby will have my coloring (dark hair, dark eyes . . . ) which doesn't really look good in pastels and soft colors. I guess we'll see!
I love a rainbow room!!! With lots of nature and smiles and baby animals, boy or girl!! I'm sure there's going to be enough lovin's that he/she will be happy with just white!!! Can't wait! xoxoxo
natalia,
So good to hear from you! And I am super happy for you...marriage, baby--congrats! I remember looking at your blog when you had pics from your Harry Potter trip (SOOO COOOL!) and I meant to leave a comment but I don't think I did! Anyways, hope that baby starts making a racket soon. It's so hard to tell with the first one. With my first, I was sure I had felt the baby move (it feel like vibrations here and there) and then realized it was just my cell phone vibrating in my sweater! But soon it will come and you will love it! And I'm excited to hear what you're having!! Fun times! Take care!
Post a Comment