Saturday, January 8, 2011

Doctor Update #3

It was a nice, short doctor's visit. In and out in less than 20 minutes, and that involved walking to and from the car. :D

What I found out:

*I have been gaining weight (huzzah!)
*My blood pressure is "excellent"
*It's totally normal for me to not have felt the baby move, yet (honestly, this hasn't worried me up to this point. I figured I'd start to panic around week 20)
*The baby's heart rate is perfect (exactly 150 beats per minute)

In two weeks I'll know if we have a little boy or a sweet little girl to bring home this summer. :) Two weeks after that, I'll have my 24 week appointment and, the appointment after that, we'll be in the third trimester. Eep!

4 comments:

Cari Dahl said...

Yay! I'm glad it's going well.

Lynne said...

You just keep peddling girl!!!

A.J. said...

You know, I have had lots of people say to me when I was pregnant with Jacoby: Why do you have all these appointments? They don't really tell you anything/aren't really medically necessary. . . Back in my day, we only saw the doctor x number of times. . .

Although I have to say that having a super short check to ensure that things are all just fine and no problems are happening is wonderful because it is all about peace of mind. (And honestly, in this day and age with so many teen mothers and STDs and other issues, it is a blessing that they can check moms so closely so that babies and moms both have a better chance of being healthy!)

Naazju said...

Johnson: I totally know what you mean. Especially at the beginning (which is where I am, lol) because he/she doesn't ever move/I can't feel anything yet. I'm perfectly happy to go to the doctor all the time and have them check that the baby is still there, heartbeat nice and loud so I can have a semi-tangible moment with my child.

Cari and Sister Cothran: Thanks! I'm glad, too, and I'm especially grateful that the next appointment is only about a week away!