Friday, March 4, 2011

Doctor Update #5

I think the best part of today's appointment was when my daughter kicked the heartbeat listening device because the nurse practitioner pressed down too hard. Heh, heh, heh. :)

The regular news: *I* knew that I had gained a lot more weight between appointments this time (ten pounds in four weeks!) but I also have tried to eat less and eat better and it (the eating less part, anyway) wasn't working out. But the end of the second trimester is when you're supposed to put on the most weight, right? . . . Right?

The bad news: I have nine days to take the glucose test. Joy of joys.

4 comments:

Roo said...

Check out my blog: we got a ton of veggies. I believe Pooh would not be opposed to donating some to your cause!

Naazju said...

Oh, I eat, like, half a bag of frozen vegetables every night at dinner. I *love* vegetables and fruit! I really think the problem lies with feeling like I have to eat constantly (not in my brain, but because my stomach tells me so). But now I'm curious about what you've posted about vegetables . . .

Gopher Girl said...

Glucose test... so not that bad. The drink tastes like extra-sugary orange drink from McDonald's and after that it's just a regular blood draw. Bring something to do (a good book!) and you'll be fine :)

For fresh fruits and veggies, check out Bountifulbaskets.org

Naazju said...

Mo: Thanks for the good review. I just happen to hate needles and giving doctors my blood. :D