Sunday, March 20, 2011

LTUE 2011

I know it's a month late, but I've finally had a moment to upload pictures from my camera onto Clark's laptop. So I'm backtracking a little in my posts.

I love getting to come to this convention! The guest of honor (author) was James Dashner who, thankfully, was pretty darn funny thanks to his cocky personality. One of my favorite moments was his reading from the last book of his Maze Runner trilogy ("The Death Cure" due out in October of this year). I felt almost like I was at Comic Con in that we got some behind-the-scenes information and experiences. Also a funny moment: while I was walking back into the room where he was about to start his reading, James looked back at me and was like, "hey, I know you!" then proceeded to try and figure out who I was compared to who I thought I was. I knew that I'd never met him face-to-face before, but it took a couple of minutes to convince him of that. But it meant that everyone around me (who could see us but not hear us) had these jealous looks on their faces. ;)

Also got to have some lengthy chats with Dan Wells and Howard Taylor (*super* funny guys) and got signatures from Dan on my UK edition of "I Am Not a Serial Killer," Jessica Day George on "Dragon Slippers," and Paul Genesse on "Terribly Twisted Fairy Tales."

Ah, the life of an author stalker . . .

Oh, and here are some pictures to prove I was there. Or at least in the same room with some people.

Panel of authors (Jessica Day George is the redhead on the far left):

James Dashner, in the middle of all his "revealing":

2 comments:

Merry said...

Looks like a fun confernce! Where was it held?

Naazju said...

It's held at BYU every February. Most of it is for authors/editors but there are several "classes" held for artists, too. I love going because I enjoy learning some of the background stuff that goes into publishing and story ideas, etc., plus all these authors are super nice and friendly and most are really funny (Dan Wells and Jessica Day George are at the top of the list for this year).

Next year is the 30th anniversary of the symposium, so I'm hoping they get Orson Scott Card back as the Guest of Honor!