Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nesting

Nesting is great for women/the baby/the house, not so much for the husband. :)

Yesterday or the day before I decided I *really* needed to get things done around the house. I still don't have a bag packed for the hospital (but that's mainly due to the fact that I have two pairs of pants that I wear and six or seven tops and five sets of garments which means that, if I pack them now, I'm down to having to wash garments every three days and only one pair of pants) and there just feels like there's a TON to do.

Today I got the following done:
>cleaned out the fridge
>washed all the dishes that I've been neglecting (no dishwasher)
>cleaned up the stove/counters
>washed the couch covers
>washed a load of baby clothes (socks are SO CUTE) along with a couple receiving blankets*
>used up the very, very ripe bananas to make bread (mmm, our house smells good, did I mention that?)
>had the trash taken out

What we're about to take care of:
>getting rid of of our pile of recyclables
>getting rid of our DI pile

And Clark was nice enough to attack the mold above the shower when I asked him if it was what I thought it was (and the fact that there's no way in heck I'd've been able to clean it myself).

I'm excited to have another free half-Saturday so I can go through all the papers and things that have been building up, too!

*Now I can start putting these things in the bag that goes to the hospital!

ALSO: go vote and let me know when you think I'll go into labor! ;)

3 comments:

Kamie said...

This is Kamie (Kasie's sister), and can I just say how cute you are! It's fun to see that you have a blog and are doing all the fun pregnancy things! Try and enjoy your last couple days and relax... I nested for the last couple weeks and now looking back, I wish I would have just layed around and slept before the baby came! (But I know, when you're nesting, there's no way to stop it!)

A.J. said...

You look amazing. : ) Hope you're FEELING amazing (or at least not awful). Hang in there! : ) I am so glad that you are doing so well. Enjoy your energy and yes, rest when you can, but don't totally ignore those cleaning urges. Once your little angel comes, you won't have time, energy, or desire to do much but just take care of and be with her. Nothing else will matter. So it is nice to have extra cleaning done ahead of time.

Something to think about while you have the energy, you may want to prepare extra freezable meals ahead of time (casseroles, soups, etc.) so that you have easy food ahead of time that all you have to do is pop in the oven. You will probably get some meals from your relief society for a while, but unfortunately, those don't last forever! : ) You might also want to make some extra banana bread, muffins, and other stuff for snacking on. I swear, those first few weeks, all I did was snack (unless someone made me a meal) because that's all I had time and energy for.

Naazju said...

Kamie: Thanks for visiting!

I spent most of today (Sunday) relaxing and hanging out with my daughter. Well, mostly. I cheated a little by going through a bunch of recipe books and bookmarking things I figured I'd actually be able to make. But it meant I was sitting and could just rub my belly while I read which I figured was a lot more attention than she received yesterday. :) And congratulations to you and your family for being sealed a couple weeks ago! I hope that that brings you joy each and every day. :)