Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1

Woo! Got to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1 on opening night in Orem. As stated on Facebook, I loved it, with the exception of the ending, which I still believe could have been done much better. As it stands, it just felt like they made both parts one film and then, for some reason, decided to just cut the filmstrip where they ended the first film. Weird. Rubbed me the wrong way.

But, other than that, it was a great night and I liked the film a lot. :) Here are some pictures!









And, randomly, here's a chocolate chip cookie recipe I found:

Chocolate Chip recipe:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

2 comments:

A.J. said...

It looks like Harry's got Michelle on a stick. . . : )

Just saw it on Saturday and loved it. Actually, I loved just being able to have someone else watch the kids so we could be out and seeing a movie PERIOD. (Last time that happened was before Jacob was born. Don't even remember what movie that was. . .)

The ending didn't bother me too much since I am looking at the two films as really one big one, and once we get them both, I am always going to watch them back to back. I think they broke it at the only logical place they could, where there's a "pause" of sorts.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to this summer when we can see the next one!

: )

Naazju said...

Andrea:

Yeah, I knew they were splitting the movie at the point they did and, even before I knew, I hoped that that would be the breaking point. I just don't like HOW they did it.

But, as Clark pointed out, we'll probably never watch the two movies individually (or, at least, not the first half by itself again) so maybe I'll get over it. :D