My doctor is still a bit of a mystery to me but, if she's anything like the RN I met with today, I'm one lucky duck.
Today is awesome because:
*I'm 10 weeks along (not 7 1/2) WHICH MEANS a) I'm almost done with my first trimester! and b) the baby will be here sooner than we thought (by a month! Wow)!
*I heard the heartbeat. My baby's heartbeat. So cute! I'm really sad that Clark wasn't there (we weren't expecting that to happen today at all) but it's something they check at every appointment, so we've already set up the next one for a day that Clark can go into work late.
Today is scary because:
*I have a ton of bloodwork that needs to be taken care of in the next two weeks. Not a fan of needles. Or blood. Or work (haha, the last one's a joke).
*Still can't get anti-nausea medication because I don't know which pharmacies are covered by our insurance. Yeesh.
So, yeah, here's to June 7th. We'll see how right the doctor is and how early the baby comes (no pun intended, all of my mom's and sister's kids have been early).
4 comments:
Wow! That's awesome to find out that you are further along than you expected!! Hearing the heart beat is amazing.
No no no! I KNOW you did not hug me in church and not mention ANYTHING about this AMAZING new development!
(My word verification is 'thyster' and part of me wonders if that's actually a word. Thought I'd share that. Because I share things :P)
I am SO excited!!! Maybe it will come a day early :) June 6th is a good day. I'm sure Sam wouldn't mind sharing it! Can't wait to see your cute baby bumb!
Christi: Yeah, three weeks just out the window. Weird! But that makes it a little harder for my parents, since we weren't expecting a little person until end of June/beginning of July and my dad is scheduled to teach classes all over Colorado through the month of June. ::sigh:: It'll all work out! (And my mom already said she's going to make him come/make him get subs or something, lol. Gotta love moms!)
Randi: Um, I'm sorry? Clark asked me why I didn't mention it and it's because I already feel like such an attention hog. I figure if folks bring it up, I'll chat about it for a bit and then we can move on. But I don't want to go fishing for compliments/turn the limelight on myself on purpose. I'm not like that. For reals. But now that you know, you're welcome to bring it up as much as you'd like. :D
Melinda: My family is known for births and events in June and September. We're actually hard pressed to find a day that doesn't already have celebrations. So sharing a birthday is the least of our worries. And Sam would just know that we'd love him extra if he had that special bond with our kid!
Post a Comment