Talk about a roller coaster of events! Life has certainly been interesting the last month (since I found out I was pregnant October 4th it'll officially have been a month tomorrow). I'd been a little nauseous before that (just couldn't stand up too quickly or move too fast without feeling a little light-headed, etc.) and Clark and I *wanted* a kid, but we didn't want to get our hopes up, so we waited a few extra days to make sure it wasn't a mistake to take a test (also, those "pee-sticks" (as Clark calls them) are expensive!) and find out.
Happily, the stick said yes.
I was good for about 4 - 5 days after that and then either my mind decided to go with the stereotypes or the hormones really kicked in because, ever since, I've not been able to really force myself out of bed before 10 or 11 in the morning (my body refuses to get up because even trying will result in a HUGE wave of nausea which tends to lead to throwing up) and, up until this week, meant I couldn't really eat much besides dry cereal, saltines and baked potatoes (and not the good kind, either).
This week, my body has upped the ante, in that I still feel nauseous, still can't move too fast, still have absolutely no appetite, but my stomach starts wigging out like I haven't eaten a crumb in over a day if I don't feed it every hour or so. However, to top it all off, I feel like all the food sort of settles in my esophagus which makes me feel like I'm constantly about to throw up.
I swear, my body is the weirdest. I've never even heard of this being a problem for anyone else. I was prepared for using the bathroom every hour, back pains in the third trimester, maybe some throwing up every morning . . . but the nausea threw me for a loop. And the hunger + nausea just leaves me confused.
::sigh::
Anyway, now that we have our health insurance stuff sorted out (::knockonwood:: ::crosses fingers::) I should FINALLY be able to set up an appointment with a doctor to get things figured out. And let's hope s/he can give me some nausea medicine. Or really, really good advice. :)
5 comments:
Good luck!! That baby will be worth every minute of it! ;)
I know docs can sometimes do something for the nausea--I had a friend who was incredibly sick her entire pregnancy and the nausea medicine helped her a lot.
Also, I've heard that heartburn (which happens a lot during pregnancy) can make it feel like food is sticking in your throat. Maybe you should ask the doc about that, too.
Congrats. :) Keep eating what you can! If something's in your stomach, you'll feel less queasy, honest! And keep some saltines next to your bed to munch on when you wake up.
May I just say "hang in there, kid!" It'll all be worth it for sure!! And, to help you feel better, I was totally bedridden through the last four of my seven pregnancies!!! And, this too shall pass!!! xoxoxoxo
We have had the wave of pregnancies go through my office at work. I had one co-worker who had intense nauseau for a long time. She started taking Ginger pills and it really helped her. Maybe you could try that until you find a better solution, they're just in the vitamin section...and they are all natural! Good luck with everything!
I was really nauseated the entire pregnancy. It got to the point where I couldn't hold anything down...not even saltines. I was eventually put on Zofran (I think that's what it was) because that was the only medicine that helped at all. Not the generic stuff, the real name brand stuff. Expensive. Anyway, I know how you feel! Like Christi said, the baby will be worth every minute of it! :)
Post a Comment