Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's good for you could kill you . . .

This post is more for me than anyone else. I just want to be able to look back and remember some random, funny things about this pregnancy.

Like the fact that everyone keeps recommending crackers/dry cereal and ginger ale to help with the nausea.

And if I eat crackers and dry cereal my body automatically gets rid of it.

And ginger ale tastes like hot dog water. (Good thing I paid $2 for the 2 Liter, eh?)

Also, both toothpaste and Clark's mouthwash make me throw up (and, no, I will not go into how horrible my dental hygiene is right now).

You know, those kinds of funny things. :)

5 comments:

Sarah H. said...

LOL...sometimes I think pregnancy is so UN-natural. If you think about it your body is trying so hard to reject that little thing growing inside you...then after 13 weeks it finally it gives up and let's it take over.

Hilary and Eric said...

If you want a tastier option to ginger ale....ginger snaps! They help my mom with being car sick. And worst comes to worst, you finally figure out where you can get that nausea medicine prescription filled.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I love the "eh?" when talking about your hot dog water. Canada Dry FTW!

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

That was exactly how I felt the entire pregnancy! I hope you are able to get some medicine soon! That was the only thing that made it so that I could hold anything down for about the first 5 months, then I got to take less, but took it until the day Chelsea was born!

Kasie said...

Toothpaste made me throw up my entire pregnancy! I actually reverted to kids bubblegum flavor - seemed to be a little better!