There's a family in Orem that hosts outdoor concerts in the summer. This time around the special guest was Dallin Vail Bayles, whom I have loved since hearing him perform at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics (and during the national tour of Les Miserables about a year and a half later). I really wanted to take Azucena so she could have a chance to hear good music in an environment that wouldn't be upset at her age. Luckily, she loved listening to the music (also, the girls next to us had coloring books, which she loved looking at).
The set list was as follows (and was shared by Dallin, his wife, and their friend, whose name I didn't record because they said it really fast):
Something's Coming (West Side Story)
Go the Distance (Hercules)
the Wizard and I (Wicked)
Her Voice (the Little Mermaid)
Simple Little Dreams (110 in the Shade)
Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera)
Til I Hear You Sing Once More (Love Never Dies)
One Hand, One Heart (West Side Story)
I'd Give It All For You (Songs for a New World)
Children Will Listen (Into the Woods)
The Prayer
For Good (Wicked)
God Bless the Outcasts (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Bring Him Home (Les Miserables)
It's Just Another Ordinary Miracle (Charlotte's Web)
Astonishing (Little Women)
the Impossible Dream (Man of La Mancha)
No comments:
Post a Comment