Well, I don't know how many of you remember me and Clark finishing reading the Book of Mormon last year (we read almost every day from July - February). Right after we finished, we started over in Spanish. Well, one kid and half a pregnancy later, we finally finished! Yeesh, it took forever! And my pregnancy brain is so bad that I didn't realize how close we were to finishing until I was reading my verses and turned to the last page. Yup. Observant me. :D
Since Clark's mission president told them to read the Book of Mormon every day, we'll be starting over (in English) but since I'd like to go through the Standard Works, we'll begin reading the Doctrine and Covenants, too. :) So, a couple of verses of the Book of Mormon, then about ten in the Doctrine and Covenants (because ten is all we can manage with a crazy toddler trying to pull apart the pages or leap to her death from our bed). Maybe by the time this next kid is three years old, we'll finish. :D
4 comments:
Congrats! It's always super satisfying when you finish something. I know family scripture reading with a young family is a challenge. My family started reading the book of mormon together when I was 3 and my sister was an infant. The more sibs we had, the more energy it required. My advice is do it in a way that works best for your family. Even if it's unorthodox. Way to go!
It took me about 10 months to read it by myself in Spanish. It felt like it took forever. But it was worth it. Good job on your accomplishment!
That is great, you guys! : ) We've never attempted to read the Book of Mormon in another language together (but then, we have no shared other language), but we have always tried to read the scriptures. What we have done/are doing is reading the whole Book of Mormon, then when we finish, pick another book of scripture, like Doctrine and Covenants, or Old Testament (what we are currently doing), then going back to Book of Mormon again.
Growing up, we just stuck to the Book of Mormon all the time. And there is lots of power in the Book of Mormon, and I love reading it--but I also do like reading the rest, too. : )
Keep up the good work!
Hey I have a question....how do I add the Lilypie tickers to my bog????
Post a Comment