This weekend I was able to go to the Earley family reunion up at Bear Lake. I drove up with Clark and Tyler on Friday afternoon and, after seeing my fourth new temple this year (I'd never seen the Logan temple in person, but I still haven't visited the grounds) we made our way across the Utah/Idaho border and crossed over into Fishhaven (sp?) to stay at the cabin that had been borrowed for the week. The Earleys were very sweet and here a few pictures from the two days I was able to visit:
Lots of little seashells on the narrow strip of beach. I just liked that these were grouped together.
Some bullrushes or tall grass or whatever you want to call them. It reminded me of Moses being set adrift in the Nile from among the reeds. And, yeah, I have no idea why I only think of Moses when I see tall grass. You'd figure I'd think of . . . running, or deer, or something else. Oh, well, I'm weird and I know it. :)
Aw, cute. This is the only picture of the two of us from the entire trip. It was actually the backyard that had been used to play several rounds of Bocce. Please note the HILL behind us. That made for some interesting strategy although it seemed to entertain all the boys that participated.
This is the view first coming into Bear Lake. We're on a hill that was highly reminiscent of Lombard St., what with all the crazy switchbacks. But look at all those pine trees! I sure do miss trees while I live in Happy Valley . . .
And last, but not least (since these pictures uploaded in a completely random order), Clark playing in the sand with a few cousins. This was the beginning of our amazing Colosseum. It was so amazing, it lasted about ten minutes. :D
My favorite part was being able to help take the family pictures. I loved it! There were 21 members of their family there, so it was great breaking everyone down into generations or genders or spouses and just getting some nice pictures of everyone. I hope they like them, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment