Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Beginning of the End . . .

Once upon a time there was a girl.

She was a regular sort of girl, shorter than most, liked to be with friends, but mostly liked to read.

One day, this girl was visiting a friend's house. There, on a chair, was a copy of TIME magazine (one of her favorites, along with the National Geographic). On the cover was an illustration of a dark-haired boy surrounded by swirls and glitter. In fact, THIS is the cover. The friend, offhandedly, said "I think you'd like the books it talks about, have you heard of them?" and the little girl picked up the magazine and immediately read the article.

This began her not-so-secret love of the Harry Potter novels.

Nearly ten years (has it really been that long?!) after finding out about these wonderful books, the series has concluded, but
this young woman is starting to get excited again. Because, 6 days, 6 hours and 44 minutes from posting this, she will be sitting in a theater with some of her dearest friends, watching yet another film adaptation of these amazing books.

I. Can't. Wait.

10 comments:

Mychal Allen said...

Question:

Are you going to the midnight showing?!

Ann said...

I got my tickets for the show yesterday.

Told you I perused your blog.

Naazju said...

Mychal: I've had tickets for over three weeks. I'll be at the 12:01 showing at the South Provo Towne Center. :D

Ann: Hooray! I'm glad you read/have tickets! Also, I miss you. :(

Kralc said...

you are a funny funny girl. :D

Naazju said...

Because I like Harry Potter? Because I was such a nerd in high school that one of my favorite TV shows was 60 minutes and I read magazines like TIME and National Geographic? I mean, that's what all normal 15 year olds do, right?

Fredjikrang said...

Yes.

Yes.

Ummm. Riiiiight. ;D

Naazju said...

I'm just saying, I'm normal. :p

Fredjikrang said...

Well. At least as normal as the rest of us. ;D

SneakyKiki (Katrina) said...

I wish I could go with you guys. I miss you all so much. And our weird goodbye to Emily story. Remember when she was heading off to London and we wrote her into the book? Ha ha. Do you still have that? We should totally post it on the 118 blog!

Naazju said...

I think we do. At the very least, Michelle said she backed everything on her laptop up before she completely erased everything. :D