Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More music

Reasons why I could never be a DJ:
  • I have weird taste in music
  • By weird, I mean, I like a lot of stuff but am never sure if it correlates with other people's tastes and, since I'm a people-pleaser, this stresses me out
  • Sometimes, I just want to rock out to music rather than formally dance
  • Sometimes, I just want to formally dance rather than listen to the words
  • If it's a church function, I get hyper-stressed about whether or not the message/lyrics/overall feel of the song is "church appropriate"
  • I have a much less rigid set of standards for myself, so I like music like this and this. (Not that I'd ever play either one at a dance, I'm just using them as an example.)

3 comments:

Fredjikrang said...

I'm sure it will be fine. :)

And really, at least you don't have as weird of taste in music as me! Can you imagine what would happen if I put on something like "Horse and I," "Teach me Sweetheart," "Shantytown," or "In Our Talons" at a dance? ;D

Dan said...

you could always just do what I do, and be a sociopathic elitist a-hole when it comes to music.

You might not make friends, but you'll have respect and an overinflated sense of self-importance. Trust me, it feels great!

Naazju said...

Dan: you should know me better than that! I happen to like my friends. :)