Friday, March 27, 2009

Hot, Salty Tears

I am frequently amazed at how happy I can be and how quickly someone can take that away, or vice versa.

Two examples:
1. Yesterday was a pretty crappy day. Some stuff happened at work, my sister was trying to drive through a blizzard, other life stresses were going on. Mild consolation: I got to cook for people. I love cooking and baking and I especially love feeding people. I was grateful that it was my turn for dinner group. But it wasn't until my visiting teachers came over at 9 pm that I was truly able to turn my day around. I will forever be grateful to Jessica and Kathryn for their visit last night and for soothing my soul. They have no idea how empty my spiritual vessel was and I could never express or explain how much they helped. The rest of my night was amazing.

2. As you may have noticed, the previous blog was only posted about an hour and a half ago. I was thrilled. On cloud nine. Doing mental jumping jacks. Knowing world peace could happen. Then, a series of phone calls at work where a "phantom customer" couldn't be found among three sister companies finally got thrown in my lap, even though I tried every way I could think of to find out which company this person could call to get results and ours wasn't it. Twenty minutes full of yelling, personal fiery darts, sarcastic comments, thinly-veiled threats and a complete misunderstanding of how much we actually did the for the customer later, I finally hung up the phone and began to sob. I just had to run and hide in the bathroom because a customer walked in and I couldn't stand to face her with puffy eyes and salty tear trails still visible on my cheeks.

It's amazing what one person can do. For good or evil. Please choose good. Know that I am trying to consciously trying to choose good, too.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

But hey, way to take your traumatizing experiences and turn them into life's lessons for the rest of us. Good on ya. ;)

wv: sprowd: so proud. I'm s'prowd of you for working it out. :D

Naazju said...

Thanks, Tryn. :)

Fredjikrang said...

Gah. People like that. Grr.

I shake my fist and call them (nonprofane) names!

It is just so frustrating when you are trying to help someone but they don't seem to get it! It's kinda like those old stories when an animal has a thorn in it's paw, and someone comes along and wants to help it. No matter how gentle or considerate they are, they get bitten and scratched for trying to help.

Only thing is, it's understandable when an animal does it. But people should know better! >:-(

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

I'll bite my thumb at them for you.

Naazju said...

Thanks, Sam.