Okay, ladies (ladies . . . )
Tell me honestly:
When you go/went to the doctor and they have/had to do an x-ray and they ask that ridiculous question "is there a chance you may be pregnant" do you ever answer "no" and listen, painfully, as they repeat themselves? Or was that just me? And if it was just me, was it because I didn't answer with enough conviction? Or was it because I was a teenage Hispanic girl (because, let's face it, there are stereotypes out there)? Or because I was less-than-skinny?
Just wondering.
7 comments:
They ask me that all the time, twice, with that "we just have to make sure" speech and odd chuckle, despite the fact that I often hover near underweight and I'm white. So... yeah.
Speaking of which, time to head off to the doctor!
Good to know, Bob. Thanks for replying!
Even though I get really annoyed with this, especially in Utah, there are always those people who seem like "perfect" LDS people who are doin the dirty. Also, you could be married and just not be wearing your ring. Also, people probably just assume that girls have to hear questions twice. And then you punch them.
Kellies: I know that they need to check and I know not everyone lives the same standards and the thing about the ring is legit, but I've seriously had the question repeated to me four or five times. "Is there a chance you may be pregnant?" "Nope." "You're sure?" "Very." "There isn't even a small chance that you could be pregnant?" "I'm completely sure that, in my abstinence, there is no possible way I could have conceived a child."
Well, that last one is what I'd *like* to say back. Thanks for the feedback!
I haven't had any x-rays lately, but I went to the doctor over Christmas break to get medication for a bacterial infection of sorts. The doctor asked me probably three times if I was sexually active . . . apparently what I had is one indicator of gonorrhea. Jibblie!
Granted, this was in California, so I guess I can't completely blame the man for being persistent.
Mac: You're right! Jibblie!
But yeah, I'm referring to doctor's visits in other states, too, so it's good to know that's consistent, I suppose.
Doctors ask me that ALL THE TIME, and it's totally annoying. :P
Post a Comment