Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just in case . . .

My parents were going to try coming up in March. They said they had time, no work, and didn't mind only being down for a day and a half. Then, after a lot of discussion and trying to figure things out with my brothers, they decided the the trip wasn't feasible after all. A few days later, I got a text from my dad asking if he and my mom could be part of my birthday plans. I let him know that that was a definite possibility and have been completely stoked since.

Now the weather has decided to be ridiculously horrible. My parents and I are in the middle of frantic replanning--just in case. Just in case the snow out here doesn't stop on Thursday. Just in case the snowstorm that is supposed to hit Alamosa really does show up late Thursday/early Friday (right when they're leaving). Just in case the passes out of the San Luis Valley all close.

And, just in case, I might have to buy a tub of ice cream in which to drown my sorrows. :(

11 comments:

Fredjikrang said...

Man. Now I'll won't be be able to enjoy the weather. I hope they make it!

Naazju said...

I hope so, too. A lot.

Fredjikrang said...

*crosses fingers*

Naazju said...

Thanks, Fred. We just really won't know anything until Friday morning. *sigh* :|

Fredjikrang said...

That's the worst part! I hate not knowing things like that for sure. :(

Naazju said...

Well, I'm used to seeing them once, maybe twice a year. I was just with them less than four months ago and I get to talk to them all the time. It's not like this is a completely horrible thing. I just hate getting my hopes up.

Fredjikrang said...

Yeah. Especially since this is their second try!

Well, I'll keep hopin' and prayin' for you. :)

Naazju said...

Eh, this one is a lot further along than the first attempt was. That never really made it past "whimsical notion." This time they actually have the time set aside and presents packed in the car. :(

Fredjikrang said...

Ooo. It's gotta happen then!

Naazju said...

Weather forecast for Provo, UT: more snow Thursday night. Mid-60s Friday afternoon.

Weather forecast for Alamosa, CO: snow, snow and more snow, starting Thursday night.

But my dad just texted me saying they're still going to try and make it. :)

Fredjikrang said...

Yay! I hope they find a window where driving isn't hazardous!