Along the same lines as my Color Post, I've had random urges to come up with absurd "mixes." And by absurd, I just mean that I have no idea why I want to group certain songs together, except for the fact that they have a random "theme." If you have any songs you think I should add, I'm just making playlists on YouTube so suggest whatever you'd like and I'll see if I enjoy the songs enough to throw them in there.
Note: the songs do not have to refer to the theme in the title, these examples just happen to.
Current themes I'm "collecting":
"Asian" mix
"Lovers in Japan" Coldplay
"I Think I'm Turning Japanese"
"One Night in Bangkok" from Chess
Nautical (having to do with water, sea, ocean, etc.)
"Walk on the Ocean" Toad the Wet Sprocket
"Swallowed in the Sea" Coldplay
"The Ocean Breathes Salty" Modest Mouse
Numbers
"One" remake by Aimee Mann
"1 2 3 4" Plain White T's
"Hundred" the Fray
12 comments:
I was thinking, you could put "Into the West" onto your nautical list. :D
Lol, the song from Lord of the Rings? (You do have to be slightly specific if you're going to suggest songs.)
Yes. That one. :D
I once made an alphabet mix, where every song started with a different letter of the alphabet, and of course they were in alphabetical order. It goes from "Amsterdam" by Guster all the way to "Yesterday" by the Beatles. It's a really random mix. I don't have one for "X" or "Z". Any suggestions?
X & Y by Coldplay
Zoot Suit Riot
Ooo! This one just started playing!
Girl and the Sea by The Presets :D
Heh, I do this all the time. I thought of a seed a while back for a "remorseful" mix:
Morrissey - Suedehead
REM - South Central Rain (I'm Sorry)
Husker Du - I Apologize
But I couldn't think of anything else. :P
For the Nautical one, you should check out "The Mariner's Revenge" by the Decemberists. It's an epic shanty!
Dianey: listen to Fred. Those happen to be the two songs I would have suggested (Cherry Poppin' Daddies is the artist for "Zoot Suit Riot," I believe).
Dan: Thanks for the suggestion! I've heard of the Decemberists and I've been told I'd like them, so I'm excited to try and find their music.
I'll second Dan's recommendation. It's a good one. :D
That song is weird.
Although I can't deny that it's a shanty. Dang. :D
Lol, of course it's weird. :D
Post a Comment