Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pointless

I'm fairly sure one of the most pointless arguments in the world is telling a girl she isn't fat. Even if she isn't. And all evidence points to the contrary. And everyone around you agrees, too.

Sad thing is, if you don't argue, then she thinks she's won and might do something dangerous or silly or unreasonable. So you have to have the pointless argument and hope.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I agree: pointless, pointless argument. I try to never bring up weight around guys; it just makes them feel awkward. Sometimes, however, I do have to vent about how gross I'm feeling, but it's just to vent. I'm not looking for a contradiction, and frankly, I appreciate it when none are offered. (Not that I'm looking for people to tell me I'm a fat cow, mind you.)

Anonymous said...

So true.

Merry said...

This is even more interesting when it's a guy saying that he's fat, and you don't know how to respond because you're so used to responding to girls in this situation!

Naazju said...

Melanie: you're not a fat cow. And I completely understand not feeling at your best (looks-wise) sometimes, which is why it's all the nicer when someone, out of the blue, compliments your hair or shoes or smile or whatever. :)

Merry: It drives me absolutely insane when Kralc tells me he's fat. First of all, he's not. Second of all, I weigh more than him, so how is that supposed to make me feel. Third, I can't tell him how adorable that dress looks on him and how slim-making it is and then take him out to ice cream anyway. Silly boys.