Not that I had the energy last night, but two of my roommates went to a social dance lab and I'm very, very jealous that they went without me. There is something about dancing that is nearly as cool as music. Being able to hear a good beat and twirl or headbang (which is a very "loose" sense of the term, I suppose) or actually move your body around. . .I don't know. I'm not good with words (hence trying to keep up this blog--it's like writing exercises!)
For example, about a month ago I went salsa dancing. I was able to interact with folks that I normally wouldn't have spent time with I also saw different aspects of my friends' personalities. I was able to be ridiculously. . .open. Unrestricted. (Is that even the word I'm looking for? Ugh, fail.) Something along those lines, at least. But it just felt good to be in a room moving to the music, being a little silly, having a lot of fun and. . .just. . .
I guess if you really want to know what I mean, you have to go dancing with me, lol.
17 comments:
I read this in-between my classes today, and ever since then I have had a song stuck in my head.
"You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen"
There is totally choreography that goes to that song.
Unfortunately for everyone in my blog-o-sphere, it requires the presence of a 17-year-old. :D
You could sneakily say "older than" instead of "only." ;D
That'd be changing the lyrics! Sin!
Lol!
Sorry! I guess I don't have a full understanding of the holiness of musical lyrics! ;D
wv: singsmsh (I thought it was ironically appropriate. :D )
Half the message of the song is from the music, the other half from the words you hear. Plus, it's ABBA! You can't change ABBA!
Does it change anything knowing that it wasn't originally english? ;)
Only some. But it's best known in English. :D
Lol. I guess that is a "no" on it mattering. ;D
I will try to avoid changing ABBA lyrics in the future, I suppose. :D
I know exactly how you feel. I believe the words you might be searching for are un-restrained, not tied down, free to express yourself and lastly,'be all that you can be'...on the dance floor. I have been dying to go dancing for forever. Impromptu dance party! Dang gina! I really want to dance now! What shall I call it? dancer's itch...uh- no. That borders on slightly inappropriate. Whoops. :$ lol
Horray for dancing!! It's one of the best things in the world! I didn't know you wanted to go last night. I would have completely invited you. But just so you know, you have a standing invitation for dancing.
Becca: It's totally fine. I was literally falling asleep for three hours and know that I would have been completely worthless at a dance lab.
Catie: You're very welcome to join us next Friday night! We're going salsa dancing. :D
Do you go to the Salsa Loft?
I think you've asked me that before and I still don't know the answer. :D
Did I?
It is the place on Center St that is open Thursday and Friday evenings...
Maybe this will help?
Maybe the word you were looking for was "uninhibited"? I found your blog! It's been some fun reading.
Sam: um, I've been once and I got in a car and didn't pay attention. Which means I can be kidnapped easily, apparently.
Merry: welcome! I'm glad I'm amusing at 2 am. ;) And now I'll have to read some of yours. . .
Post a Comment