I thought about making this an actual journal entry but then figured it'd be more humorous to post on here (that, and if I had tried to write in an actual journal I'd remember how slow I write and give up on the entry after writing "this one time, something really cool happened.")
So, this one time, something really cool happened. I got home and my roommates were in the living room with one guitar. I think it's Emily's secret mission in life to teach anyone she lives with how to play basic chords on the guitar (all right, all right, some of them aren't exactly basic--A sus anyone?) Anyway, we all start half singing along to whatever is being played while the guitar changes hands at least three times. Then, miracle of miracles, I end up with it and bust out my favorite four-chord song, Viva La Vida. Everyone chimes in, a water bottle is used as a percussion instrument and harmony rounds out the performance.
Then, in another moment of musical genius, Emily takes the guitar and starts pounding out some folksy chords (a few of which were reminiscent of "Froggy Went A'Courtin'"), spoons were brought out and some knee slappin' kicked in. We may have even sung about ourselves in the verses. :D
I love my roommates and mourn the fact that someone didn't grab a camera.
7 comments:
That is awesome! I love apartment jam sessions! :D
I am serious about that musical genius thing. Maybe we can have a missionary jam session when I am there! that would be AMAZING!!! I am just sayin'
Dearest Natalia,
Firstly: I love you
Secondly: I love your blog in all of its' bloggy supremeness. Even when it's short. Even if there is misspellings(which is never). Even if it is the 18 bazillionth post about your love affair with Rock Band. I still love it. Now that I've buttered you up sufficiently, how the heck do you get your blog list column to look like that with the titles and stuff? I'll keep looking on my own but, psh you know it's easier to ask someone who has already done it.
Love,
Catie Lutz
wv: pilmil- a drug manufacturing plant. :D
Oh haha I think I found it. We will see. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, ya know. That and complements. :D
Catie--I love *you* because you inspire me to actually blog. Also, to use long, awesome sentences filled with imagery and purpose.
And I can't help that I love Rock Band. You should join us one Monday night and experience the awesomeness for yourself!
Oh the things I've missed the past week:(
Oh, Becca, I miss you too!
Post a Comment