Two quotes from the new adaptation of Pride & Prejudice (they both happen in the same conversation in the opening dance).
"I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?"
and
"So what do you recommend, to encourage affection?"
"Dancing."
The first reminds me of a story: this one time, there was a guy that was interested in both me and my roommate. Anyway, to make a long story short, one morning, we woke up to a poem on our doorstep and, well, to make another long story short, it. . .wasn't. . .that. . .good. Which kind of made us like him less.
The second is true enough. I think I've blogged enough about music and dancing to not have to elaborate too much on this quote.
Mmm, I do love Jane Austen. Especially when there are at least six film adaptations and several copies of the books at hand. And now, I'm going to watch some more of good ol' P&P.
7 comments:
I love how a not-so-good poem made you like him less... Funny how that works. I'm kinda the same way, especially if I wasn't really interested. I'd be like, 'oh that's nice of him' and move on...lol. This just made me smile.
WV: resecku. After being pursued by undesireable guys, it's nice to be reseckued by a decent one.
Catie--how often do I need to tell you that you're ridiculously awesome? Especially when you write wv sentences like that? :D
I think we're planning to make watching Jane Austin part of our Enrichment activities... it was the first change I made when I was called. :) ha ha, it was actually Rachel (309)'s idea. I love your posts, although I can't say I'm a faithful reader. Thanks for commenting on my last post, and sorry for putting you on the spot! :)
Excellent. I will attend anything that has to do with Jane Austen. And I've seen your blog list--it's forever and a day long. :D I'm glad you pop in for the important ones!
Were these some of those little "one liners" in the pink version? :)
(Because those are awesome. :D )
I remember that day when you called me and told me about the poetry! =)
But remember that time I went to Preference and I fell down ALOT while dancing? Oh yeah...so I think dancing is not my friend either in drawing affection! lol
You were also wearing very slippery shoes! And, heck yes, I love that you remembered that story! We'll have to come up with some bad poetry. :D
Post a Comment