Thursday, January 8, 2009

iDía de los Reyes!

I know this post is a little late, but I had to get pictures to go with it!

In several countries, folks celebrate the day the kings came to visit the Chrsitchild. I've always known it to take place on January 6th (which, if you're curious, is the day Lima, Perú was founded which is why it's called the King's City). That means you're supposed to leave out hay, straw and oats in your shoe for the camel, horse and elephant that the kings ride so they can be fed during their long journey. Here is the "we're broke college students in America" take on that:




You have no idea how much I laughed. On the other hand, here's the "I'm a broke college-aged student trying to be a rich king and leave treats as a thank you for feeding the animals" shot:



Also, I may or may not have a thing about organizing. That's all I'm saying. :D

6 comments:

Fredjikrang said...

That's all your saying? But there is so much more to be said! :D

And yeah, that is pretty awesome. I love holidays! :D

Fredjikrang said...

Oh, you know. Stuff. Stuff about stuff. ;D

Naazju said...

I can always talk about stuff. I generally try to narrow it down, though.

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

Are you from Peru?

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is awesome.

Naazju said...

My mother is Peruvian.

Emily: Thanks!